At Tree Of Life Holistic Wellness Center, we try and offer not only classes with certification but also one day workshops for those with a busy life.
These workshops are designed to give you an oppurtunity to learn some of the basics in a variety of different skill sets with a minimal amount of time.
How to make your own holistic medications at home
Your day will involve learning how to prepare safe, holistic, herbal medicaitons at home.
You will learn how to make a variety of diffrent preparations such as:
* Poultices - Herbal wraps with the herb placed on the skin and wrapped to promote healing.
* Fomentations - Strong herbal teas (or combinations) soaked into a cloth wrap, useful for healing muscle, skin, wounds and nerve issues.
* Salves - You will learn how to make a variety of herbal salves for wound care, rashes, beauty treatments, etc.
* Tinctures - This instructs you how to make concentrated, long term storage medications using an alcohol base.
* Capsules - Here you will learn how to make your own holistic medications in an encapsulted form. As part of the course you will received your own small capsule maker.
* Oils - Some of the most powerful and fast acting medicaitons are made in an oil base. You will learn the process of making these in your own kitchen.
Workshop Length: 6 hours on a Saturday or Sunday, depending on interest form the public.
Basic Holistic First Aid
This workshop enables you to learn some of the basics of home first aid and how to care for your family in minor emergencies.
We will cover how to respond to heart attacks and strokes and what you can do to give you and your family more than the standard four golden minutes.
We will cover how to treat a variety of wounds and bleeding situations using holistic medicaitons you can make at home.
A variety of illnesses such as colds, flus, coughs, bronchial issues will also be instructed.
You will also learn how to work herbally with bites, stings, poison oak, and eye injuries.
Included in the workshop is a holistic first aid kit, complete with healing salves, tinctures and other neccessary herbal medications.
You will also recevie a copy of Dr. Spindelilus's book on Holistic First Aid.
Workshop Length: 6 hours on a Saturday or Sunday, depending on intrest from the public.
Throuout the years we have had so many patients asking for hands on instruction on how to make healthy, vegan meals.
This workshop will include a large number of recipes you take with you and we will go over many of them in class, giving you the oppurtunity to be invloved in their preparation.
We will cover such topics as healthy dessserts, snacks, main entrees, side dishes, soups, salads, smoothies and a wide variety of other tried and try recipes used at our clinic.
Workshop Lenth: 6 hours on a Saturday or Sunday depending on interest from the public.
Raw Vegan Preparation
A growing lifestyle change occurring in the United States is the emergence of a raw, vegan diet. Dr. Earendil Spindelilus is a raw, vegan and has been for many years.
So many ask "What do you eat, carrots and cabbage?"
Not so with this wokrshop.
This workshop will introduce you to just how diverse the diet can be with recipes ranging from mexican, italian, oriental and standard american burgers.
We will also cover such topics as raw desserts including banana cream pie, raw chocolate pudding, pecan pie, blueberry cheese cake and so many more.
A variety of healthy, green drinks and fruit juices will also be covered along with a discussion on their health benefits.
You will also recevie a copy of Dr. Spindelilus's book on raw, vegan recipes.
Workshop Length: 6 hours on a Saturday or Sunday dpeending on interest from the public.